DEALER LICENSE RENEWAL NOTICE- PLEASE COMPLY BY APRIL 30, 2013
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
The Deparment of Motorist Services will send out license renewal information on February 14, 2013.
DEALER LICENSE RENEWAL NOTICE- PLEASE COMPLY BY APRIL 30, 2013 Form HSMV 86720, "Renewal Application for Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home, or Recreational Vehicle Dealers” can be located at the Department's website athttp://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BFO/86720.pdf. Please note that for your convenience, a list of the Division of Motorist Services, Regional Offices, and a list of Department approved dealer training schools and check lists of required documents for the primary and supplemental locations for specific license categories have been provided with form HSMV 86720. You can also access the list of Regional Offices at http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/BUR_Field_Ops_Address.pdf.
To ensure that your license stays active, your renewal application, all required documentation, and fees must be submitted to the Division of Motorist Services, Regional Office responsible for your dealership on or prior to April 30, 2013.
INDEPENDENT (VI), WHOLESALE (VW), AUCTION (VA), AND SALVAGE (SD) MOTOR VEHICLE DEALERS are required to submit the following documentation with their renewal application:
· Completed license renewal application form HSMV 86720.
· $75 renewal fee for the primary location. If the completed application, all required documents, and fee are not received for the primary location by April 30th, a $100 delinquent fee is due for a total renewal fee of $175. Checks must be made payable to DHSMV.
· An original surety bond, original irrevocable letter of credit, or original continuation certificate in the amount of $25,000 for motor vehicle dealers, auction dealers and independent dealers. The Dealership's Principal must sign the surety bond and Irrevocable Letter of Credit.
·Proof of Garage Liability insurance which must include at a minimum, $25,000 combined single limit liability coverage including bodily injury and property damage protection and $10,000 personal injury protection or a general liability policy coupled with a business automobile policy which must include at a minimum, $25,000 combined single-limit liability coverage including bodily injury and property damage protection and $10,000 personal injury protection. Signature of the insurance agent is required on all insurance policies. Effective July 1, 2012 Salvage dealers are no longer required to have proof of garage liability.
· Dealer License Continuing Education course certificate of completion or a pre-licensing Dealer Training Seminar for independent dealers only. FIADA offers continuing education both online and in person. The online course is $39.95 for nonmembers and is FREE to active FIADA members. The in-person continuing education course early bird rates are $79 for members and $99 for nonmembers. Please click here to sign up or for more information.
· Copy of certification from the Division of Corporations showing current registration of the business and fictitious name(s) (on-line access at http://www.sunbiz.org/).
· Completed license renewal application form HSMV 86720 including current business e-mail address.
· $50 renewal fee.
· A copy of the surety bond, irrevocable letter of credit, or continuation certificate that was filed with the renewal of the primary lot.
· A copy of the certificate of garage liability insurance or a general liability insurance policy coupled with business automobile policy that was submitted with the primary location renewal application. This certification must include at a minimum, $25,000 combined single limit liability coverage including bodily injury and property damage protection and $10,000 personal injury protection.
A renewal filed with the Department within 45 days after the expiration date shall be accompanied by a delinquent fee of $100 for a total renewal fee of $175. Delinquent renewal applications will only be accepted through June 14, 2013. Thereafter, you will have to apply for a new dealer license with an original application form and required fees.
If you allow your license to expire, you must cease operations on May 1, 2013, and will not be able to engage in motor vehicle sales transactions until the renewal process have been completed. If you have no intention of renewing your license, please submit your license for cancellation to the Division of Motorist Services, Regional Office responsible for your dealership.
Any update to your corporation name, address or officers should be submitted using form HSMV 86056, application for aLicense as a Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home, or Recreational Vehicle Dealer. All other modifications to your dealer license should be submitted using form HSMV 86072,"Modification to Dealer License for Licensed Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home, or Recreational Vehicle Dealers." Please submit this form to your Division of Motorist Services, Regional Office with your renewal application. For future reference any change in corporate information should be submitted to your local Division of Motorist Services, Regional Office at the time the change occurs.
As you are aware, the Department has moved to electronic communication of important notices, renewals and legislative changes to the licensed dealers statewide. Therefore, it is important for you to update your renewal application with a current business e-mail address for your dealership. Please avoid using e-mail addresses of your staff on the application, as notices may not reach your dealership if the staff member no longer works at the dealership. Please advise the Regional Office responsible for your dealership of changes in your business e-mail address immediately.
It is our desire to provide prompt and courteous service to our dealers. Please help us to help you by submitting your renewal application and all supporting documentation no later than April 30, 2013. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Division of Motorist Services, Regional Office.
Valuable information on licensing procedures and requirements can be accessed at the Department's website at http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/titlinf.html and selecting "Dealer, Manufacturer, Distributor and Importer Information.”